53 Brentwood Blog

Sunday, November 10, 2002

As a former Children's Hospital employee, I still receive e-mail-news from the hospital. Yesterday I received two emails:

First e-mail.


The Children's Hospital Boston family has lost another familiar face.
N. L., who worked for 18 years at the *** Dept., died Sunday. She was 61.

She is survived by six children, nine grandchildren and seven
great-grandchildren.


I’m pretty sure that the few thousand employees who received this e-mail were wondering, and trying to do some math on this situation: ..ok, she was 61, with six children, nine grandchildren seven great-grandchildren .. wow, she must have had the first daughter at 16 .. and then the daughter was pregnant at .. and bla bla.

Actually I spend 15 minutes discussing this math with my colleagues..

One hour later, second e-mail

An error was made in the previous e-mail. N. L. had only
one granddaughter and no great-grandchildren.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home