53 Brentwood Blog

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

sell sugar water

While Jobs pursued his MacMission he needed a more orthodox chief executive to run the company. A respectable face who could sell to corporate America. He chose Pepsi-Cola executive John Sculley. Sculley refused - leave Pepsi for 4 year old company that had been set up in a garage! Are you serious?! But it was hard saying no to Steve Jobs.

John Sculley
President, Apple Computer, 1983-93
And then he looked up at me and just stared at me with the stare that only Steve Jobs has and he said do you want to sell sugar water for the rest of your life or do you want to come with me and change the world and I just gulped because I knew I would wonder for the rest of my life what I would have missed.



http://www.pbs.org/nerds/part3.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home