53 Brentwood Blog

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

This IS funny. From The Onion.

The Boston Red Sox defeated the St. Louis Cardinals in the World Series, breaking a "curse" that has persisted since 1918. What do you think?

Allen Palmer, Systems Analyst "So the curse only lasted 86 years, huh? I guess the ol' Bambino wasn't as powerful a necromancer as we thought."

Lacey Swain, Chiropractor "It's good to know that the World Series isn't just about which team has the highest payroll. The Red Sox are proof that you can spend the second most and still become champions."

Tony Mills, Construction Worker "Wow. Does this mean baseball can end now?"

Bryan Warren, Civil Engineer "I've been rooting for the Sox for the past 60 years, but I finally gave up hope on them this season. I was expecting them to lose, so they managed to let me down again."

http://www.theonion.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home