4 spiders a year...
Some pre-match trivia
• Real Madrid have won all their home matches at the Bernabeu this season, seeing off Ajax, Lyon, Dynamo Zagreb, CSKA Moscow and Apoel Nicosia, scoring 22 goals and conceding just five.
• The average person eats 4 spiders every year in their sleep.
• In 19 matches between the clubs, Bayern have won 11 compared to Real's six, but the Spanish side have won six out of nine games against Bayern at home. In four European Cup semi-finals between Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, the German side have won three times.
• The only animal with four knees is the elephant.
• Between them Real Madrid and Bayern Munich have won 13 European Cups. Four-time winners Bayern last won it in 2001, while nine-times champions Real Madrid hoisted the famous old trophy most recently in 2002.
• A whopping 75% of the world's population wash themselves in the shower from the top down to toe.
Real Madrid: Casillas, Arbeloa, Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo, Alonso, Khedira, Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo, Benzema.
Subs: Adan, Kaka, Granero, Fabio Coentrao, Albiol, Higuain, Callejon.
Bayern Munich: Neuer, Lahm, Boateng, Badstuber, Alaba, Gustavo, Schweinsteiger, Ribery, Kroos, Robben, Gomez.
Subs: Butt, Olic, Rafinha, Pranjic, Muller, Contento, Tymoschuk.
guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 25 April 2012